Norine Borys ~~ Design Team
Hi, my name is Norine and I am addicted to paper and glue. I have been since kindergarten. :D Actually, although I've always done crafty things of some kind, I've been officially scrapbooking since the late '90's when I was invited to a scrapbooking home party and found out that cropping photos and embellishing album pages was actually a "thing'!
I live with my endlessly supportive husband and 2 of our 4 children in Arizona, but my roots are Canadian and we still spend summers at the cottage near Wpg, MB. Besides scrapbooking, I love card-making, crocheting, reading, sewing, hiking, snowboarding, traveling, vacationing (not always the same things) cooking, and spending time at the lake. Things you'll almost always find on my layouts are ink, stitching, handwriting and photos of people, places and things I love.
I love being a part of Love is in the Details for the strength of community found here that goes well beyond Stickles and die cuts!
Pinterest: Norine Borys
Facebook: Norine Borys
Brooke Gorrell ~~ Design Team
Hi, I'm Brooke and I am beyond excited to be designing for Love Is in the Details! I currently live in Winkler, Manitoba with my fiancée and our two cats (Minerva McGonagall aka Chubs & Miss Edith Crawley). I have been on a "crafting hiatus" for the last 4 years due to my hectic dental hygiene school schedule; now that this "hiatus" is over I am truly enjoying my return to the world of scrapbooking. When I'm not scrapbooking you can find me Netflix binging, drinking tea, tending to my large (according to my fiancée) collection of succulents, brunching, reading, cooking (and eating of course), drinking wine in my bathtub, and making my cats dance to the BeeGees. I'm so happy to be welcomed back to the LIITD family and can't wait to share my creations with you!
Favourite thing to make: I primarily make handmade cards, 12x12 layouts, and pretty packaging!
Favourite scrapbooking technique: I use a lot of layering and white space in my projects. I like techniques like heat embossing, misting, sewing; they add so much depth and interest to scrap projects. I'll try any technique once!
5 fun facts about me:
1. Bath bombs are da bomb, yo. I take about 4 baths a week and I'm all about the salts & oils & bubbles.
2. Greenhouses are my happy place and I can't leave without buying at least one plant. Or 4.
3. People always seem surprised when they find out that sweet ol' me primarily reads books about serial killers. Go ahead, ask me something about Jeffrey Dahmer.
4. I got engaged to my other half overlooking the Sea Lion, on the Sleeping Giant, on Lake Superior. After a picnic. At sunset.
5. I drink EVERYTHING through a straw. Any beverage. (Especially cute paper straws!)