It’s all about Family

An upcoming mini album class … an album I created that is not too big, not too small, and not overwhelming to make.  You will make this album during class time, and take home the instructions to make more.

cover

You will receive all of the chipboard pieces you see, plus some that you can’t see.  :)

family-inside-3

The book is interactive, and here is a few pictures to show

family-inside-2

different parts of the album so you can hopefully kind of see how the pages open, close, and flip.

family-inside-1

Some chipboard pieces I inked and some pieces I heat embossed with gold glitter embossing powder.

family

The title of the album … simply inked in black and the hearts in crimson red (although the pictures doesn’t look like it).  Of course, any of the chipboard pieces that come with the class are yours do use however you want, whether leaving raw, inking, embossing, painting, etc.

All class information can be found by clicking here.

Posted under Design Team Inspiration

This post was written by Lori on April 8, 2018

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

The final installment…

Hi, hello!  I’m back again today with….you guessed it…more TRAVELER’S NOTEBOOK MINI ALBUUUUUUMMMMM!!  The last few pages, plus the binding of said album!  Lets dive right in!

tn52

This might be my favorite page in the book, with it’s December-Happy Holidays stamped page.  It’s times like this when I’m digging in the very back of the stamp drawer and find a rarely used Months-of-the-Year stamp set that I’m profoundly pleased that it has survived all my previous purges!  The Happy Holidays stamp came from one of my current seasonal stamp sets.  I will mention, that the trick to getting the stamping to line up straight is to lightly pencil in some lines before hand, and erase them when the ink is dry.

tn53

tn54

tn55

This is another page that started off as plain, cream colored card stock.  I used the Echo Park Fairy Dust background stamp with a light brown ink to stamp the whole lower part of the page, and a striped background stamp along the top.  And again, used up a BUNCH of word and phrase stickers to help tell the story.

tn56

tn57

tn58

This layout as well includes some stamping - this time it’s a random assortment of leaves, branches and boughs.  For this page I used black ink, but stamped 1st on a piece of scrap paper, and then on this page to achieve that faded grey color.

tn59

tn60

tn61

You’ve seen this page already, in my first post.  But the editing of the photos in the first version bothered me, because they were so dark.  So I re-edited and re-printed them and I’m much happier with them now!

tn64b

tn68

Here is the cover, front and back.  I added a few more word stickers on the front, making sure to adhere them with a strong liquid glue to make sure they don’t come loose and fall off down the road someday.

Now for the binding.

tn67

Basically, the method I used is what you would do if you were joining several signatures together into a larger book.  (A signature is what most printed books are made up of, a few pages folded and sewn together, then added to many more groups of a few pages folded and sewn). In essence, what I have here is a booklet made up of 9 signature covers that have no additional pages inside them. I began by poking holes in the fold of each page 1 1/2″ apart, and 1″ from the top and the bottom.  I used heavy-duty top-stitching thread and doubled it for the sewing.  I could write out the instructions for how I joined each page, but you would soon be either, lost or snoring.  The video that taught me is a much better way for you to understand the process than my telling you.  You can learn how here:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9O4kFTOEh6k

tn70

Once the pages were all stitched together, I measured the width of the spine, and cut a piece of wood-grain patterned paper to that measurement plus a generous half inch.  I scored 1/4″ from either side, machine stitched down each edge and then glued that strip to cover the back spine of the book.  I used narrow strips of strong double-sided tape for the edge flaps and Aleene’s tacky glue for the center portion of the spine itself.  The white glue dries flexible and holds very well, and the double sided tape holds everything in place until the tacky glue dries.

tn71

tn73

And there we have it!  That was a bit of a haul, huh!?  I’m really pleased with my mini-album of memories and it feels sturdy enough to handle many hands leafing through it for a long time!  It’s got me all fired up to start on my grandson’s Baby album next, which I hope to start on in a few weeks, once things quiet down around here!  It won’t be a Traveler’s Notebook style though, but rather a vintage book of poetry re-purposed into a mini-album.  I hope you’ll follow along with me for that project!

Thanks for hanging in there with me these last few weeks, and I promise to have something altogether different for you next week!

Posted under Design Team Inspiration

This post was written by Norine on March 21, 2018

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , ,


Copyright © 2005-2018 Love is in the Details