Drum roll please…..!!!!

Posted by Norine on February 12, 2014

Oh em gee you guys.  Just OHMYFREAKINGGOODNESS!!  Do you even KNOW how hard it has been to keep this under wraps???  Like, the only people I could talk to about it were perfect strangers getting pedicures in the chair beside mine, or the check out girl at the grocery store.  And after a few wooden smiles that said, “that’s nice, please go away crazy lady” I realized they just didn’t get it.  But you do.  I’m pretty sure.  You understand what a completely amazing thing it has been to add “product designer” to my resume.  Because, basically, that’s the opportunity Lori has given me!  All through the serendipitous meeting of a young couple who built a home-made laser cutter to provide extra income, and a scrapbook store owner who recognized what this could possibly blossom into!!

So without further ado…here is the release of the first two packages of chipboard card-words for you to use and enjoy!!

reveal16

This is the Happy Birthday set.  There is also a Thank you set.  And I see now that in my excitement upon opening the samples Lori sent to me last week, I didn’t take a picture of the complete Thank You set.  But you can see them here.

reveal18

reveal19Yes, even the shipping packaging was exciting enough to take a picture of!

But WAIT!

Here’s what I made with a few of them!

First is the raw chipboard left nekkid.

reveal15

reveal14

Then spray painted…

reveal1

reveal3

reveal7

reveal9

Silver dauber painted….(cool textured finish, like hammered metal)

reveal10

reveal11

And inked…

reveal4

reveal5

And finally, heat embossed….

reveal12

reveal13

As I worked with these word-chips, I realized how quickly a cute card came together around them!  They just seemed to simplify a process that can get too complicated.  And that made me very  happy!  I hope it will you as well!

14 Comments so far

1. Kim February 12, 2014 7:07 am

OMG !!!!! Norine this is so exciting . . well I am pretty excited so I can only imagine how you feel. The words are awesome and I love how you used them !!!! FUN FUN FUN !!!

Congrats Norine !!!!!

2. Chelsea February 12, 2014 7:18 am

omg I am so freaking excited for you!!  and these are awesome!!!!! :)

3. Tracey February 12, 2014 7:21 am

Fantastic Norine!  So very excited for you!  I’m looking forward to playing with your new line!  Congrats again!

4. Lorna February 12, 2014 7:26 am

Very exciting news Norine! I can imagine how hard it was to keep this top secret!

5. Laura February 12, 2014 8:38 am

Holy AWESOME NEWS BATMAN!!! How exciting for you Norine…and for LiitD..and for Lasered Edge!!! Congratulations!!!

6. Barbara February 12, 2014 8:57 am

Those are gorgeous. Kept hearing about them but had no idea.  Must have some.

7. Linda February 12, 2014 9:43 am

Those are beautiful Norine!!!!   Love how you used the words on your cards too!.  No wonder you were incognito over the weekend. I don’t know how you or Lori managed to keep this a secret but they are wonderful.
    Congratulations to you Norine, Lori and to Lasered Edge!

8. Trish February 12, 2014 9:45 am

I have to say… these look AMAZING! As cool as it is to see something new come out of the laser cutter for the first time, it is ten times as exciting to see what can be created with it! We are so very excited to be working with Norine and Lori on this. Norine is an amazingly talented designer, and it’s a thrill to be working with her original ideas :) Here’s hoping for many more to come!!

9. Peggy February 12, 2014 10:31 am

Exciting news!!!!  Norine, beautiful designs!!  You are extremely talented.  Congrats to you, Lori and Lasered Edge on what I’m sure is the beginning of a great partnership.

10. Ben February 12, 2014 10:39 am

Hi mom,

this is pretty cool.

Congrats.

11. WandaT February 12, 2014 10:45 am

How very exciting!
    Congrats to you Norine!
    Congrats to LOVE toooo!!!

12. LisaT February 12, 2014 11:27 am

OMG!!!  Norine this is beyond amazing & exciting!!!  I love this so much, the words look fantastic and I love the mixed up font!!

Huge congrats to you, what an exciting adventure!!!

13. Carrie Moore February 12, 2014 1:56 pm

Norine — that is very cool!  You are sooo talented!  Love it=)

14. Amy Borys February 12, 2014 2:44 pm

So cool!!! I love what you’ve done with everything. Just imagine the possibilities…! Congrats!