The Liitd new store!!!

Posted by Lori on June 17, 2012

Yesterday was the Grand Opening of Love is in the Details in our new location in Winkler, Manitoba.  The day was fabulous, it was great to see and meet so many new people, and it was great to see so many of our regular Liitd (Love is in the Details) customers and friends.  Thank you to everyone for making the day such a huge success!

For those of you who could not make it to the event, we thought you might like to see some pictures of the inside of the store.

This picture is as you come into the store.  You will see a red stand in the background ….. this stand is temporarily holding our cardstock in baskets.  Our carpenter let us borrow is ever so cool Snap-On tool stand to display it until he completes our new paper racks.

A different view as you come in the store, in the distance our *rusty hinge* wall.  Rusty hinge is my favorite color in the Tim Holtz distress ink pad series, I took the ink pad to Janzen’s Paint & Decorating in Winkler, and Doug matched the color perfectly.

And, the last view coming into the store - the hanging window pane - I took this picture before I put the layouts in it - I will take another photo to show it properly one day.  The doors at the back - the one on the left goes into the teaching/mini crop room, the other door leads to our office.

A view from the back corner, from behind the Snap-On stand.

This view shows one of my favorite features in the store, my pallet wall.  I had this vision in my head of how I wanted to display certain items, and I was so excited when I explained it to my carpenter and he knew exactly what I meant.  I love how it looks, and I have one more thing to do to them to make them complete.

The store is so nice and bright, and it’s so nice to have room to walk around and browse.

As I look at these pictures, I note that I did not take any of the actual patterned paper selection.  There is TONS of patterned paper, and more paper racks being made for that area too.  You can see it hiding behind all of the embellishments racks.

Another view of our pallet wall.

We have continued with our packaging department, and I was so excited to have Brooke Gorrell do this packaging display for our new store.  It looks amazing!

And here we are, right behind Tim Hortons …..

13 Comments so far

1. Donna Cooper June 17, 2012 12:39 pm

Oh Lori,  It looks so amazing,  So sorry i missed out on being there yesterday,  Congratulations on your grand opening. There will be so many glorious days ahead of you in this location,  I love how everything is layed out.  You have all put in so much time and effort and it looks fantastic.  Congrats to you all.

2. LisaT June 17, 2012 2:09 pm

Lori the new store is just amazing!!!  It is so bright & open, I love all the personal touches & vintage pieces you have added!!  The pallet wall is so cool, can’t wait to see it with the finishing touches!  Huge congrats to you, Paul & Chantal!!  I was so happy to be there for the grand re-opening, what a success!!

3. Anne C June 17, 2012 2:25 pm

Again, congratulations to you all!!!  It is a beautiful store and will only get better :)

4. Vernette June 17, 2012 4:34 pm

Great new store! Love how you say “be

5. Vernette June 17, 2012 4:34 pm

Great new store! Love how you say “behind Tim Hortons”  For all the country bumpkins, its on the WEST side of Tim Hortons LOL

6. Sherry June 17, 2012 4:57 pm

It looks amazing, I can hardly wait to see it in person.  It does look so bright and spacious.

7. Chelsea Miller June 17, 2012 6:53 pm

LOVED IT!  Everything about it is completely awesome.  So proud of you. ;p

8. Lorna June 17, 2012 7:41 pm

This looks like an even cooler place for scrappers to hang out! Congrats Lori on a job well done!

9. Norine borys June 17, 2012 11:21 pm

CONGRATULATIONS Lori on a successful grand opening and moving into the next phase of business!!  It was so awesome to be there and part of the big day!!  The store looks so amazing and I love all the ways that your personality shows through!!

10. barb smith June 17, 2012 11:44 pm

So Happy for you, Paul and Chantal. Congratulations of Your Grand Opening Success !!!

11. barb smith June 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Oops Spelling was never my best subject. Congratulations on Your Grand Opening Success.

12. Amy June 19, 2012 2:06 pm

Looks good– to bad it’s so far away :)

13. Julie Mitchell June 19, 2012 2:52 pm

Congratulations, looking very good. Lots of success to you.