Our Scrapbooking Cruise Themed Crop

Posted by Lori on June 13, 2010

was yesterday, Saturday, June 12, 2010.  It was SO much fun, and I want to share some pictures of the day’s events and surprises.

When you first arrived at the crop, everyone was greeted by our *Cruise Directors* - Amber and Lisa.  Everyone received a Welcome Aboard itinerary with their own “specially designed” beach gal on the front.

They were each given a boarding pass on a funky lanyard with their name and Cabin Table - here is Chelsea’s to show for an example.

And here is mine.

Upon arriving at their cabin, each passenger received a 3L adhesive to start their scrapbooking day.

Everyone was grouped in tables of four and each passenger had their own 8 foot table to work at.  Each group of four tables was considered your cabin for the day and every cabin had it’s own unique name.  The ship was full to capacity and everyone was excited for the day’s events.  Coffee, iced tea, and iced cold water were available at all times and a variety of *scrapping music* played in the background.

The dining area

Here is a few pictures of the centerpieces for the dining tables.

Meals for the day were buffet style, and breakfast consisted of a variety of Tim Horton’s timbits and muffins, mini cinnamon buns, a variety of yogurt, and coffee, tea and/or orange juice.  All passengers could help themselves to breakfast any time after arriving and boarding the ship.

Close up of breakfast napkins.

The layout challenge, prize and demo area.

Lisa and Amber did demos of Tim Holtz distress inks and Maya Mist throughout the morning and afternoon.  All products that they did demonstrations of were available for purchase at their fabulous demo tables.

Everyone received a 10 oz. bottle of Maya Mist when they did this demo.

Lunch time soon arrived and once seated at our dinner tables, everyone received a “Thank you for sailing with us” card enclosed with two - $5.00 gift certificates.

These gift certificates could be used at the store, or they could be used at either of our “special prizes.”  These were awesome prizes (yes, I did forget to take pictures) - but valued each about $150.00.  Whatever the count of $5.00 coupons put into these draws - Love is in the Details matches the total.  For one prize the donations goes to Breast Cancer Research and the other prize the donations goes to the Children’s Wish Foundation.  Love is in the Details is happy to announce that $300.00 will be donated to Breast Cancer Research and $250.00 will be donated to the Children’s Wish Foundation.

Our lunch buffet consisted of a variety of sandwich wraps, filled croissants, deviled eggs, mini extraordinary cheese wrap rolls, a variety of vegetable and dip platters, a variety of fruit and dip platters, swiss chocolate squares and cream puffs.

Scrapping, demos, shopping, and lots of laughter continued throughout the afternoon, but everyone was asked to please be back on board for snacks and scrapbooking bingo at 3:00 pm.  Before bingo started, two *hot* cabana boys came on board to serve some refreshing *non-alcoholic* pinacoladas, strawberry dacquiries, and lime margaritas along with the afternoon snack buffet.

Captain Paul joined the two cabana boys to serve the drinks to our fabulous passengers.

Many of the passengers quite enjoyed the addition to our crew.

Here are the snacks that went along with the refreshing drinks.

After drinks and snacks were served, the Captain hosted Scrapbooking bingo with the help of *Ron and Martin* - our divine cabana boys.  After the bingo games were complete, Ron and Martin handed out a new pair of scissors to each passenger aboard the ship for an added thank you for sailing with LIITD.

The afternoon continued and some passengers stopped for a break to sit and enjoy the ocean breeze.

Our supper buffet was at 7:00 pm and I am sorry to say that I forgot to take pictures of this.  The supper buffet included coated chicken breasts, twice baked potatoes, caesar salad, almond and mandarin orange salad, coleslaw, French bread, and ice cream cake for dessert.  I do have a picture of the supper napkin - however the ocean breeze became too strong and blew these sails over.

The evening continued on and at approximately 10:30, the ship docked and all passengers went home.  We had so much fun hosting this event!  It was an absolute blast!!!

12 Comments so far

1. paul June 13, 2010 7:47 pm

The Ship’s Master (lori) did an outstanding job with this crop. There is alot of work that goes on behind the scenes and ofcourse Lori wants the members to have a super time.

The only problem I can see is how will she ever top this last one  ( But I can’t wait for the ride)

2. Martine June 13, 2010 8:24 pm

oh wow!!!! that must have been so much FUN!!! you guys did a fabulous job of hosting this! wow!!

3. Peggy June 13, 2010 8:32 pm

Wow! I’m so sad that I missed the cruise. Looks like it was an awesome event.

4. Angele Murray June 13, 2010 8:42 pm

the cruise was absolutely AMAZING! The theme details right down to the folded napkins in a little boat were perfect :)  The store was great; everything ran so smooth. It was bright and tropical; all the decorations and props were so cute!  The Captain and the Ships Master sure outdid themselves with the giveaways, the prizes, the food, the shopping, the atmosphere. Loved the demos, we learned soooo much! Thanks for everything LIITD; we loved our visiting times with everyone :)

5. Brandy Lees June 13, 2010 9:19 pm

You really out done yourself Lori!  Those pics that Paul took are awesome.  What a wonderful & fun way to raise money for cancer.  Very sad I missed the boat and hope to be on a future voyage with all of you lovely ladies & gentlemen.

6. Lorna June 13, 2010 10:14 pm

The pictures are fantastic and actual day was even better! Lori as usual you have done an amazing job of putting on a crop that everyone could enjoy! Thanks for all your hard work and I hope you know we truly appreciate it!

7. AmberD June 13, 2010 10:32 pm

I love seeing the pictures of our awesome day!!!!
    Thanks for everything Lori, Paul & everyone!!!

8. Bonnie June 13, 2010 11:25 pm

I throughly enjoyed myself, once my body woke up!  It was beyond my expectations in every way, and really appreciate the hard work Lori, Paul, and the gang put in to make this event happen.  I can’t stress enough how great the food was!  How will you ever top this one???

9. Aleks June 14, 2010 6:17 am

wow, the crops just get better and better…..you are the best Lori! :)  I’m so sorry they always fall on my weekend of work! *wah*

PS: Any *other* crop anyone goes to, will make them think they’re doing something wrong! :o

10. tracy ullmann June 14, 2010 8:17 am

Yes, this crop tops all crops. I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if anybody complains, they need a smack, yes they do! Lori,Paul, cabin boys, were amazing ,everyone should appreciate they could experience something like this. Ladies there was no lasagna!! Lori, there were a ton of smiling faces this day. We Love you Lori for all you do for us.
    Tracy

11. Chelsea Miller June 14, 2010 10:00 am

This crop was the best yet, and I only say yet because I can’t wait to see what the theme will be next spring!!  I won’t list names for the thank yous…. because I don’t want to miss anyone :)  Just know that all of the work, the blood, sweat and tears, are worth it… because you made each and every one of us have pretty much the best crop ever.  We love and appreciate every little detail, so never think that they go unnoticed. :)  Thanks again, LIITD crew, for a fantabulous weekend!!

12. Jocelyne June 18, 2010 11:36 am

I wish I had been there but I just couldn’t afford the trip. Maybe I can same $$$ and hopefully make it for the next one.  Looks like fun was had by all and it looks like it was an amazing trip!!