Christmas Cupcakes!

Posted by Lori on December 18, 2008

It’s Christmas baking time, and I have noticed that when friends and family drop in for coffee , they are just not are not eating as many “dainties” as they used to.  I still like to do this baking, and there is the favorites that I will always continue to make, but I think it’s time to try something different.  I think that I have to try cupcakes this year!

Look at these cute ones I have found.  The top row, I think I would attempt - the bottom row - I’m not so sure!  But, they all sure look cute!

Oh, and I see a “masking” effect here!

I

I don’t have a cupcake tree, but if I see one at a reasonable price (or even better - on sale) - I think I just might pick one up. I would like one of the smaller ones - like one of these.  Something different at Christmas time, and maybe some other holidays and birthdays throughout the year!

The picture of the cupcake stand in the bottom row - middle photo - can be found on this post right here on the awesome blog - Ice Cream Before Dinner.

What about you, do you make cupcakes at Christmas time?  Would this be something that you would like to try?

22 Comments so far

1. Aleks December 18, 2008 12:20 pm

OMG!!! Those are the cutest EVER!!! I looove the rudolph ones…looks just like the classic!

2. Kim December 18, 2008 12:21 pm

Wow once again, I love the cupcakes, I really like the icing sugar ones (masking).  Some baking will start this weekend some cookies and a few other goodies we like  ;  )

3. Amber D December 18, 2008 12:28 pm

YUM!!!!!! I wish I had the time & talent to attempt these! Love the ones on the top right!!!

4. Vernette December 18, 2008 12:54 pm

I prefer cupcakes to cakes as I find them easier.
    Maybe I will make some for the Stepchidren’s visit
    instead of a dessert.
    Thanks for the inspiration Lori!

5. Wanda December 18, 2008 1:07 pm

Oh dear!  Those look so yummy!

6. Lisa T. December 18, 2008 1:30 pm

All of those cupcakes look so yummy!!!  I don’t make cupcakes at Christmas, especially since I just finished making them for birthdays!! LOL

7. Julie December 18, 2008 1:58 pm

They are so sweet! Again, they must use some sort of fondant for the decorations.You can buy that all ready made in sheets sometimes.I make cupcakes a lot for different occasions.The kids love them and they are easy for them to decorate.

8. Chelsea December 18, 2008 2:05 pm

I would love one of those cupcake trees too!!  And  yes, I prefer cupcakes over cake at parties now.  I made them for Tayla’s last party and it was awesome to just set one on a plate and there ya go!  Those are super cute ones you posted!!

9. scrapbugger December 18, 2008 2:41 pm

I love those - think I’d like to try the snowmen ones in the top middle :)  (Not this year though…unless…Dd’s birthday is in January - who knows???)  I don’t often think of making cupcakes but I do like them!!!

10. eva December 18, 2008 9:02 pm

Wow… I’m drooling!!  If I made cupcakes, I’d be the only one eating them, which isn’t a bad thing!  but it’s not a good thing either… so no, I don’t make ‘em :(

11. Jocelyne December 18, 2008 11:02 pm

Those cupcakes look yummy!!! I never did have the knack for making them look that good. But I do prefer cupcakes to regular cake.

12. Shanna December 19, 2008 12:40 am

LOVE the cupcakes!  I would probably never attempt them though.  I like cupcakes, so I don’t make them often!  :)

13. Bonnie December 19, 2008 9:53 am

I like the idea of cupcakes over cake but haven’t made them - I would like to try mini-cupcakes in the mini-muffin pan and decorate them up cute but that sounds like alot of work!  Don’t know if I would have the patience for decorating all those cupcakes!

14. Tee December 19, 2008 5:36 pm

I don’t make cupcakes at Christmas time, but I do make cupcakes for birthdays and put it in my cupcake stand :D

The bottom row - ITA with Julie that they just use fondant. Gawd I love fondant. I even make my own because it’s fresher (and cheaper) than the prepackaged Wilton stuff.

15. Tee December 19, 2008 5:37 pm

Oh, I’ve done masking on sugar cookies for my kids to share with their friends. I use the edible food colouring spray. :)

16. Darcy December 19, 2008 10:04 pm

I love the cupcake trees and the reindeer cupcakes

17. Martine December 20, 2008 10:16 am

wow! I’m not really into cupcakes, but those are sooo cute!! I don’t think I would want to eat them, just look at them! ;-)

18. Peggy December 20, 2008 3:46 pm

Cupcakes! Yummy! I could eat several cupcakes in one sitting.

19. Shannon December 20, 2008 11:48 pm

They all look so good!  Maybe I will try them sometime after xmas when there is more time!

20. Vernette December 27, 2008 10:49 am

I did make cupcakes with green icing and coconut “snow” They were a hit!
    Thanks again for the inspiration Lori!

21. Emily November 8, 2010 8:54 pm

They are awsome. I just want to lick the screen

22. Brittany November 29, 2010 3:28 pm

I love decorating cupcakes!!! We’re gonna start making plates of desserts pretty soon for neighbors, and I for sure want to try and make some cupcakes like these!! They’re adorable! I searched for “Christmas Cupcakes” on google and these popped up…luv ‘em!